Launch Codes: Week 2

Accomplished this week:

  • Finished the thumbnails for Gunpowder & Pine Part 1. Yay thumbnails!
  • Updated the first three pages of G&P P1. Originally the first three pages were their own short comic, but I realized they made a great opening for G&P so I’m using them for that instead. They just needed a little updating of formatting and dialogue.
  • Outlined a short story. I’ve assigned my writing students a short story project, and I’m working through it with them, so this will go a bit slower than my usual writing process. Teaching is always fun, though!
  • Some basic editing of the first few chapters of my next book, Bound by Kith.

Meant to get done this week, didn’t get done:

  • I intended to work on the corpse illustration more, but I just didn’t get to it with other stuff.
  • I had hoped to get at least one new page of G&P done, but I only got through about 90% of the inking of the new page.
  • I had hoped to get more editing done on Bound by Kith, but as I worked I realized I needed to find a way to make chapter 5 into chapter 1 and…ah…that was a lot more intensive than I had time for this week.

Goals for next week:

  • Next week is going to be a huge week of edits on Bound by Kith, again. I’m going to the mountains this weekend to just slam out some work on it, because I always write better up there.
  • Finish two pages of G&P.
  • Working on the corpse pile.
  • Work on some commissions I’m taking to help get over the gap between jobs I’m currently in.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s