Accomplished this week:
- Finished the thumbnails for Gunpowder & Pine Part 1. Yay thumbnails!
- Updated the first three pages of G&P P1. Originally the first three pages were their own short comic, but I realized they made a great opening for G&P so I’m using them for that instead. They just needed a little updating of formatting and dialogue.
- Outlined a short story. I’ve assigned my writing students a short story project, and I’m working through it with them, so this will go a bit slower than my usual writing process. Teaching is always fun, though!
- Some basic editing of the first few chapters of my next book, Bound by Kith.
Meant to get done this week, didn’t get done:
- I intended to work on the corpse illustration more, but I just didn’t get to it with other stuff.
- I had hoped to get at least one new page of G&P done, but I only got through about 90% of the inking of the new page.
- I had hoped to get more editing done on Bound by Kith, but as I worked I realized I needed to find a way to make chapter 5 into chapter 1 and…ah…that was a lot more intensive than I had time for this week.
Goals for next week:
- Next week is going to be a huge week of edits on Bound by Kith, again. I’m going to the mountains this weekend to just slam out some work on it, because I always write better up there.
- Finish two pages of G&P.
- Working on the corpse pile.
- Work on some commissions I’m taking to help get over the gap between jobs I’m currently in.