Accomplished this week:
- Finished the corpse pile! It turned out so well and I’m crazy happy with it. This is the most complicated and intricate illustration I have ever done.
- Wrote a 3,000 word short story for my volunteer writing coach job. I volunteer at the alternative High-School where my step-father is a principle teaching creative writing type stuff and mentoring a few students. Right now we’re working through writing a short story together, from beginning to end. It’s quite a fun little project.
- Paneled/laid out 10 pages of Gunpowder & Pine.
- Worked on and finished a few commissions.
- Took over control of the website for my writing critique group. I might re-build it eventually, but for now I’m just taking care of making sure everything is up to date, adding pages for any new members we get, and other little bits like that.
- Put together a “How to be a writer” presentation for career day at the high school. Three 30 minute sessions with 15 students each, plus 20 minutes at the end where students can come back and ask extra questions. Gonna be fun and hopefully only a little rambly.
Meant to get done this week, didn’t get done:
- I did not get any pages of G&P done. I think I exhausted myself a bit with how much work I put into the corpse pile. However, I did get the files made and panels drawn for 10 more pages, so that will give me a jump-start on the next few weeks.
- Editing on Bound by Kith. Again, I was so determined to finish the corpse pile everything else kinda got pushed to the side.
Goals for next week:
- Next week is going to be a huge week of edits on Bound by Kith, again.
- Finish four pages of G&P. I need to get caught up.