Accomplished this week:
- I restarted on the Kith and Kin series. The reasons for this are long, but if you are interested in the full story here’s the blog post about it. Basically, though, I did a lot of thinking and realized this was the best thing for the project. I’m very excited about the new direction, and already the whole project feels much stronger and well rounded.
- Did a career day presentation at the high school where my step-father is the principle. Rambled for a few hours about what it is like to be a writer and the realities of the career and all that. It was tons of fun.
- Created a new character chart for the Kith and Kin series to better track character arcs and motivations throughout the whole series. I’ve got it about half filled out so far.
- Started re-outlining the first book in the new version of the Kith and Kin series.
- Meeting with fellow Ghost Cat Alumni members plotting future plans for the association and watching funny videos.
- Gunpowder & Pine work. I’m changing up how I keep track of this work a bit, so that I can progress through it in a manner that’s more suited to critique/my workflow. I’ll now be posting the total number of pages I have done for each stage every week.
- Thumbnails: 36/36 pages
- Paneled pages: 36/36 pages
- Inked pages: 9.5/36 pages
- Lettered pages: 9/36 pages (technically not all pages have text, but I’m going to count pages as lettered even if they have none just for simplicity’s sake.)
- Colored pages: 3.5/36 pages
Meant to get done this week, didn’t get done:
- Editing on Bound by Kith because, as I said above, I started over on the whole series.
Goals for next week:
- Taxes and other “get my finances in order” stuff.
- Prep for Galaxy Fest, my first convention of the year. I’m only tabling as an author, so just my book and a few basic prints related to the book, which makes it easier to prep for since I won’t have all my stuff.
- G&P work.
- Kith and Kin Redo work.