Accomplished this week:
- Found a new title for the redo of the Kith and Kin series! I haven’t titled the individual books yet, but I wanted a new series title right away for organizational purposes. The redo will now be referred to as the Glory is Poison Saga.
- Wrote about 5,000 words on Glory is Poison Book 1.
- Worked on the outline of Glory is Poison Book 1.
- High School writing group meeting. I work at a local High School a couple hours every two weeks, helping students with their creative writing. This week we discussed failure and being able to recognize when things aren’t working and what to do about it.
- Writing critique group meeting. I didn’t have any submission for critique this week, but we had a lot of great overall discussion on projects and redoing projects and publishing and all that.
- Gunpowder & Pine work. I’m changing up how I keep track of this work a bit, so that I can progress through it in a manner that’s more suited to critique/my workflow. I’ll now be posting the total number of pages I have done for each stage every week. Grey numbers are last week’s counts for reference.
- Thumbnails: 36/36 pages 36/36 pages
- Paneled pages: 36/36 pages 36/36 pages
- Inked pages: 9.5/36 pages 11/36 pages
- Lettered pages: 9/36 pages 11/36 pages (technically not all pages have text, but I’m going to count pages as lettered even if they have none just for simplicity’s sake.)
- Colored pages: 3.5/36 pages 3.5/36 pages
- Got my finances in order…ish. I’m not a math person. I can’t wait until I can afford an accountant because numbers are evil. Also did taxes.
- Prepped for Galaxy Fest. I’m having a hard time psyching myself up for this one. I have an author table, which means I can only sell my books, and the only book I have to sell right now is the first book of the Kith and Kin series. I bought the table before I decided to restart on the series, and now that I HAVE decided to restart I really don’t have the motivation to sell the old books. But I do wanna sell ’em so I can at least make my money back for ordering them and buying the table.
Meant to get done this week, didn’t get done:
- More work on G&P. I wanted to get at least a couple more pages inked and lettered. Just ended up busy with other work and was fighting some motivational issues.
Goals for next week:
- Working on G&P. I’d like to get at least three more pages inked and lettered next week.
- Finish the first two chapters of GiP:B1 so I can submit them to my next critique group meeting. I want to have them dig into before I get to deep into the new draft since I’m writing it in a totally different style than I usually write in.