Accomplished this week:
- Exhibited at Galaxy Fest in Colorado Springs. It was a decent little convention, and I wrote a review about it here.
- Gunpowder & Pine work. Kinda. Grey numbers are last week’s counts for reference.
- Thumbnails: 36/36 pages 36/36 pages
- Paneled pages: 36/36 pages 36/36 pages
- Inked pages: 11/36 pages 11/36 pages
- Lettered pages: 11/36 pages 11/36 pages
- Colored pages: 3.5/36 pages 4.5/36 pages
- Worked on a prismacolor marker illustration of my character Dustin. Just wanted to dig into some traditional media a bit, because I’ve been doing so much digital lately. (I actually started this last week and totally forgot to mention it in last week’s post.)
- Sent the first 10 pages of Gunpowder & Pine to some friends for critique.
Meant to get done this week, didn’t get done:
- More work on G&P. Galaxy Fest just totally took it out of me and I had zero energy to do anything afterwards. (Eventually I’ll remember that conventions ALWAYS do this and I won’t schedule myself to do anything for a few days after them.)
- Finish the second chapter of GiP:B1 for my critique group. I did get the first chapter done and sent off for critique, though.
Goals for next week:
- Working on G&P. I’d like to get at least three more pages inked and lettered next week.
- Reading! I need a break from society so I’m running off into the wilderness for the weekend with a stack of books. Hopefully by the end of it my brain will have reset a bit and I’ll be able to jump back into work.