Accomplished this week:
- Read two books
- Did two written interviews, one for an asexual artists blog and one on the representation of queer women and girls in YA.
- Started updating my freelance mailing list. I haven’t really pursued a ton of freelancing in the last year, so my list is a little out of date, but I’m trying to get back into it now.
- Send a couple postcard mailers to people on the freelance mailing list.
- Thumbnailed a new short comic. It is one I’ve had an idea for for years but never got around to, however I may have found a home for it in a collection called “Strange Waters” that is having an open submissions call. I wanted to have the whole thing thumbnailed for my pitch, so it became a big focus this week. It won’t interrupt other projects since I won’t even know if I got in until early May.
- Gunpowder & Pine work. Last week’s numbers in grey.
- Thumbnails: 36/36 pages 36/36 pages
- Paneled pages: 36/36 pages 36/36 pages
- Inked pages: 13/36 pages 15/36 pages
- Lettered pages: 13/36 pages 15/36 pages
- Colored pages: 11/36 pages 11/36 pages
Meant to get done this week, didn’t get done:
- Didn’t get any work done on Glory is Poison. This is partially because of suddenly having to thumbnail the short comic, and partially because daylight savings time is evil and stole a day from me.
Goals for next week:
- Work on Glory is Poison Book 1. I’d like to get the outline at least half done if I can pull it off.
- Marketing for Gunpowder & Pine.
- Work on Gunpowder & Pine pages. I didn’t get a ton done this week because I was prepping to post everything, so I’d really like to dive back in next week.
Extra note: I got a part-time job at Home Depot that will start in a week or two, so that will probably slow me down a little once I start. I’m used to working around part-time jobs, though, so once I adjust things should be fine.