Accomplished this week:
- Submitted to be included in the Women Who Draw artist network to try and get a little freelance work.
- Started working on digital mountains in teacups. So far I’ve just got Pikes Peak, because I spent a lot of time fiddling with the style, but I’ve finally settled on it so I’ll start working on more mountains next week.
- Gunpowder & Pine work. Last week’s numbers in grey. The night scene pages took me a little while because there was a lot of fussing with values, but that scene is over now, and we’re back in daylight. Yay daylight!
- Thumbnails: 36/36 pages 36/36 pages
- Paneled pages: 36/36 pages 36/36 pages
- Inked pages: 18/36 pages 18/36 pages
- Lettered pages: 18/36 pages 18/36 pages
- Colored pages: 14.5/36 pages 15.75/36 pages
Meant to get done this week, didn’t get done:
- Didn’t get my tutorial that I filmed last week posted. I’ll get to it eventually, but it isn’t a huge priority.
- Didn’t work on GiP:B1
- Didn’t quite get to the halfway point of finishing the first half of GaP. Had an unexpected distraction, forgot to account for Easter (and my birthday…), and started work at my new retail job.
Goals for next week:
- Work on Glory is Poison Book 1. Got a bit of fiddling left to do and I need to digitize it into Scrivener.
- Paint something not related to any other projects. I’m getting a bit burned out on comic work right now, so I think I need to step back and do something else for a little bit. I’m nine pages/weeks ahead of where I’m at with posting, so I can afford to put the comic down for a week or even two while I do something else for a little bit. Then I’ll come back to the comic and hopefully feel motivated again. There’s a scene from All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater I’ve been dying to illustrate so I’ll probably do that.