Accomplished this week:
- Created a digital version of Vivian’s family tree, which I should’ve done a long time ago, but when I originally developed her her family backstory wasn’t as important so I didn’t need to get super specific. She’s become much more of an important character, though, as has her family–though indirectly–so I needed to shore up some details.
- Wrote about 5,000 words on my paranormal YA novel that is currently code-named “Haunt.” I’m super happy with how it is coming so far, and the first 6,000 words are currently in the hands of my critique group.
- Laid out a preview zine thingy of G&P Part 1 for Denver Comic Con. It will be the first ten pages, plus a couple bonus illustrations.
- Started and finished two portrait illustrations that will be exclusive to the preview edition of G&P Part 1 which will be for sale at Denver Comic Con.
- Prepped print files for DCC, including laying out five sticker sheets. I should be able to start ordering things once I get paid tomorrow (5/10/18). I’ve also been fretting about how to best display the sticker sheets because I want to hang them, but I don’t want to spend money on packaging that will just be thrown away, and I’d have to get a bunch of different sizes. Finally occurred to me to use those little one inch plastic sticky tabs with holes to hang things. Duh. Cheaper than buying a bunch of bags, can be used for any size sticker sheet as well as anything else.
- Finished a sign advertising my Patreon for Denver Comic Con.
- Created a Denver Comic Con add for Tapastic and Webtoons.
- Gunpowder & Pine work. Last week’s numbers in grey. Not a ton of progress this week; I’m on a really tricky page right now and it is taking a fair amount of time. But after this one I have some scenery exploration pages and I’m super excited for them. Gonna go to town on all the details.
- Thumbnails: 36/36 pages 36/36 pages
- Paneled pages: 36/36 pages 36/36 pages
- Inked pages: 18.25/36 pages 18.5/36 pages
- Lettered pages: 18/36 pages 18/36 pages
- Colored pages: 18/36 pages 18/36 pages
Meant to get done this week, didn’t get done:
- Didn’t get my tutorial that I filmed posted. I’ll get to it eventually, but it isn’t a huge priority. Theoretically I WILL get to this eventually. Probably.
- Didn’t work on the All the Crooked Saints painting.
- Didn’t work on Glory is Poison. However, working on Haunt has helped get me back into a writing grove so that should help.
Goals for next week:
- Work on Glory is Poison Book 1 outline. Got a bit of fiddling left to do and I need to digitize it into Scrivener.
- Start ordering new merch for Denver Comic Con. I need to spread it out between paychecks, but I’m really excited about the new stuff!
- Gunpowder & Pine work.